Family Home Day Cares benefit families and child care providers.
Benefits for the parents:
- child care providers have:
- Certification in Emergency First Aid/CPR
- Child Abuse Registry Check (for those 13 yrs and over in the household)
- criminal Record Check ( for those 18 yrs of age and over in the household)
- child care providers are supported and monitored by their agency through monthly home visits and annual inspections
- adult to child ratios are followed
- families may qualify for provincially subsidized seats (see http://www.gov.ns.ca/coms/families/childcare/ChildCareSubsidy.html for application)
assurance of an approved home under a licensed agency
- child care providers meet the requirements in accordance with the Nova Scotia Day Care Act and Regulations ( see http://www.gov.ns.ca/just/regulations/regs/dayregs.htm for regulations )
- the Family Home Day Care their child attends is screened and monitored
- child care providers are trained in child development, safety, nutrition and behaviour guidance
Benefits for the child care providers:
- access support setting up your home for child care and also on an on-going basis. ( see http://www.gov.ns.ca/coms/families/provider/index.html for information)
- access to your agency`s lending library
- monthly playgroups provided by your agency
- monthly home visits by your agency consultant
free training opportunities that relate to your work with the children in your care
social networking opportunities with other child care providers
- support with advertising
- support matching with families.
- agency consultants that are qualified and experienced Early Childhood Educators and are able to:
- assist child care providers in all aspects of their program at no charge to the child care providers or their families.
- assist with the approval process, screen child care providers and their homes
- provide training and training opportunities
- support child care providers in developing and implementing programs within the home.
- assist and process subsidy claims and payments directly to child care providers for eligible families